- This event has passed.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Hackathon
March 16 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Come hack into topics that have been impacting our workplaces! The purpose of this event is to bring those who have a passion and commitment for diversity, equity, and inclusion together and discuss and hack into difficult topics in a respectful and safe setting. The DEI Hackathon is a perfect opportunity for those working on DEI Plans and strategies to come together to have empowering and courageous conversations about the implementation of DEI. It allows for the co-creation of solutions to increase workplace diversity & inclusion. It is perfect for organizations that recognize the value of intentional inclusive culture building and are looking to boost morale and take positive action.
By attending the Hackathon you will gain ideas on how to:
- Describe the importance of diversity and inclusion and how it is not just the ‘right’ thing to do but critical for business success.
- Change mindsets to build inclusivity into the way people think.
- Encourage ownership and participation across the company on this important topic.
- Build awareness for different people’s experiences and understanding of the team dynamics or systems that can hinder a sense of belonging or create exclusion.
- Get a global view of how people in different organizations feel and what challenges are faced.
- Generate ideas for driving positive change and drive inclusive action.
- Open up conversations and encourage the development of relationships
- Encourage diversity of thought and new ideas
- Develop skills around empathy, relationship building & problem-solving.
The topics will be as follows:
|DEI Goal Setting & Monitoring
Women in the Workplace
Age in the Workplace
Recruitment and Pipeline Challenges
|Bias in the Hiring and Interviewing ProcessLGBTQIA+ Inclusivity
White Privilege in the Workplace
Building Powerful and Influential ERGs